Sunday, July 22, 2012

Belated Birthday Post


I'm baaaaaaaaack! Wow! It's been so long since I've last logged on! Well, I've logged on quite a bit but haven't posted anything in a while. I had severe conjunctivitis (fancy word for pink eye) and wasn't really in the mood to have my picture taken, they wouldn't have been pretty anyway, my eyes were so red:( Speaking of red... I cut my hair and dyed it red! Just one of the changes you will be seeing around here along with a behind the scenes section at the bottom of the page. Check it out and tell me what you think!

Anyway, my birthday was last week and I finally turned 18! I'm an adult now; I can buy cigarettes, get a tattoo and purchase lotto tickets, although I probably won't do any of those. I'll vote though! My best friends Heather and Mason got me these gorgeous Jeffrey Campbell Nightwalker shoes. They are surprisingly easy to walk in and the expressions on people's faces when I walked by in them was priceless! I have to admit though... I tripped. I tripped right in front of a couple of cars who had stopped at a stop sign and, little did I know, I tripped in front of a big group of people who had just gotten off a train behind me. Good thing I don't get embarrassed easily. My other best friend and amazing photographer, Andrea took these shots for me. I can always count on her for anything, especially giving you all more shots to gaze upon!

ABOUT THE LOOK: This outfit is all about the legs. The triple-button, high top pants and six-inch-heel (minus an actual heel) shoes made my legs appear to go on for miles (and let me tell you, the amount of catcalls we got on the shoot proved that people noticed!). The colors on the saddle oxford part of the shoe coordinated with the shorts and the shirts colors clashed with the bottom of the shoes, which I actually enjoyed! But, back to my legs... I tucked the shirt into the front and left it hanging in the back which also gave the look of extremely long legs so if your looking for extending your legs without painful surgery or such, try multi-buttoned shorts, a half-tucked shirt and sky high heels... with actual heels if you prefer;)







BEHIND THE SCENES: It was so incredibly hot out when we were taking these pictures. I kept sweating and we would have to stop to blot my face off! And, as you can tell, I wore flip flops most of the time. I didn't feel like strutting around in my new beautiful shoes for an hour or two, but I carried them and was careful not to put a single scratch on them!

ENDING QUESTION: What should I wear with these shoes next? Leave comments, links to pictures and if your comment is the one I pick, you could see it come to life in one of my next posts! And but of course I'll have to do a shout out to you!

2 comments: